Campers have fun outdoors while learning about river science and fish biology. This program invites campers to practice catch and release fishing and experience river critters up close.
FOR YOUR TRIP:
Capacity: 30 Students
Fee: $200 per program
Cancelation Policy: Hudson River Park’s Education Team is committed to offering high-quality, low-cost environmental education programming to as many students as possible throughout New York City. In the event that you need to cancel your scheduled program, kindly provide us with as much notice as possible so that we may have the opportunity to offer your scheduled time to one of the many groups on our waiting list. A tremendous amount of resources and effort go into program preparation and set up to bring students a dynamic learning experience in the park. It is with this in mind that we require a minimum of 24 hours advanced notice of your need to cancel.
- Canceling a program less than 24 hours in advance will result in forfeited program fees
- Canceling a program less than 24 hours in advance will forfeit fee waiver status
- Repeated cancelations will result in the cancelation of all future programs from our calendar
Thank you for your cooperation!
- Payment: Payment is required within ten days of program confirmation in order to reserve the program. Please provide check or money order made out to “Hudson River Park Trust.”
- Chaperones: Hudson River Park requires one chaperone for every ten students (1:10). The number of chaperones should be increased for Pre-K or special needs classes.
- Clothing: Dress appropriately for the weather, including rain and sun protection. Keep in mind that it may be up to 10° F cooler on the riverfront. Closed-toed shoes are required.
- Lunch: There are lawns and picnic areas throughout Hudson River Park. There is no indoor space for eating. Classes are welcome to eat in the park before or after their scheduled program.
- Transportation & Directions: For directions to your program location at Pier 25, Pier 46, Chelsea or Pier 84.
- Fee Waiver: Partial or full waivers of the fee may be available, please call the Environment & Education Department at 212-627-2020 for details.