Native Aquarium Tour
New for 2020
Discover the design and engineering side of maintaining a 3,500 gallon flow-through aquarium! Learn how local biodiversity from the Estuary thrives in the Wetlab and how staff operate this unique pump system. Activities include a detailed walkthrough of tank design, function and their benefits to aquarium residents.
- Students will learn about native biodiversity in the Hudson River Estuary
- Students will humanely interact with live animals from the Hudson River
- Students will make observations about how animals are adapted to the estuarine environment
- Students will learn how human activity has impacted native species and ecosystems
- Students will learn about restoration efforts taking place in the Hudson River Estuary