Learn how waste water is treated in NYC and discuss the impacts of pollution to the health of our waterways. In Pollution Solutions, students will explore ways to conserve water and improve water quality while designing and testing a water filtering system.
- Students will have a basic understanding of NYC’s waste water treatment process through an interactive model
- Students will understand common pollutants in our waters and design a filtration system
- Students will discuss simple solutions to conserving water through a group art activity
What teachers say about the program
- “The students and I had a fantastic time on our trip. The hands on experiments (testing the water) made the kids feel involved. They also were able to show what they knew during the questioning and answering part (Hooray, they really were paying attention). This trip gave them a chance to think about the river and what lives in it. It also got them to thinking about how they can help keep it clean and safe. Thank you for the great opportunity that allowed my kids to have a wonderful learning experience.” -5th Grade Teacher, Staten Island
- “The educators were exceptional. Engaging, organized, enthusiastic and very knowledgeable. They connected with the children and made an effort to ensure that each child was included, interested and engaged. It was by far the best field trip experience I have had with students.” -7th Grade Teacher, Manhattan