Pier 25 Comfort Station
Subway & Bus Lines
1 at Canal St.
A,C,E at Canal St.
1,2,3 at Chambers St.
The LILAC, a historic steamship built in 1933 for the US Lighthouse service, docks on the north side of Pier 25.
LILAC is open to the public for ship tours and viewing exhibits from 4-7pm Thursdays and 2-7pm Saturdays and Sundays.
LILAC is a 173-foot, 1933 lighthouse tender that once carried supplies to lighthouses and maintained buoys for the U.S. Lighthouse Service and the U.S. Coast Guard. Decommissioned in 1972, she is now owned by the non-profit Lilac Preservation Project. She is America's only surviving steam-powered lighthouse tender. LILAC is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is eligible to become a National Historic Landmark. Admission to Lilac is free. Because space is limited, reservations are sometimes required for special events.