Thrilling water experiments with science experts, entertaining wildlife performances and more will inspire and amaze. Take a seat and soak up all of the Science Stage’s fun and informative acts.
Science Stage Schedule
|11 - 11:30am||Funkinships|
|11:30am - 12pm||Mad Science|
|12 - 12:30pm||Science Bob|
|12:30 - 1:30pm||Birds of Prey|
|1:30 - 2pm||Science Bob|
|2 - 2:30pm||Wildlife Theater|
|3 - 3:30pm||Funkinships|
- Science Bob’s dynamo performances regularly delight audiences on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Live with Kelly and Ryan and Good Morning America, and you can catch him in person at SUBMERGE! Encouraging everyone to perform “Random Acts of Science,” Science Bob is sure to inspire us all to build more scientific discovery into our lives.
- The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) brings the fascinating world of penguins to life with adorable puppets, teaching audiences about these unique creatures and about ocean health. Through science, education and inspiring people to value nature, WCS strives to save wildlife and wild places (like penguins and their habitats)!
- Mad Science will educate and entertain through interactive experiments about water. Learn about the wild and wacky properties of water as you observe water interacting with oils and fats. Watch air push water up tubes as you learn about the ability of water to be both cohesive and adhesive.
- Sing along and stomp your feet as the Funkinships' catchy tunes bring estuarine creatures to life on the Science Stage. Featuring clever lyrics and cheerful beats, these performers will get the crowd bopping to the music and learning about the fascinating species that share our mighty Hudson.
Birds of Prey
- Ever spotted a red-tailed hawk like this one along our riverfront? An interactive program from the Wildlife Institute of Eastern NY brings live raptors – such as hawks, falcons, owls and eagles – that are native to New York State right to our waterfront. You won’t want to miss the opportunity to learn about these majestic birds of prey up-close at HRPK’s Pier 84.