New for 2020
Learn about the design and engineering aspects of maintaining a 3,500 gallon flow-through aquarium! Discover how local biodiversity from the Hudson River Estuary thrives in the Park’s Wetlab and how staff operate this unique pump system. Activities include a detailed walkthrough of tank design, function and their benefits to aquarium residents.
- Students will learn about native biodiversity in the Hudson River Estuary
- Students will humanely interact with live animals from the Hudson River
- Students will make observations about how animals are adapted to the estuarine environment
- Students will learn how human activity has impacted native species and ecosystems
- Students will learn about restoration efforts taking place in the Hudson River Estuary