Celebrate spring and discover biodiversity at Hudson River Park! Join us to participate in the sixth annual City Nature Challenge this year, and be a part of this community of thousands worldwide that will be collecting data on wild plants and animals using the free mobile app, iNaturalist.
Nature enthusiasts of all ages can join in during this year’s City Nature Challenge, which is running Friday April 30 to Monday May 3. We are kicking this bioblitz off on Friday, April 30 from 3-6 PM on HRPK’s Pier 45 where participants will submit photos of plants, animals and fungi at Hudson River Park alongside Park educators. By collecting data on local biodiversity, we are able to help make informed conservation decisions that support a thriving ecosystem.
How to participate:
- Sign up for the free event on this page
- Download the iNaturalist app on your mobile device(click here for instructions)
- Review the resources and ID guides prior to the event here!
- Bring your mobile device to Hudson River Park and record your observations on iNaturalist!
- Watch Diversity Digest on May 5th at 12 PM to see CNC highlights! Sign up here.
Can’t make the event? No problem! You can still submit observations to iNaturalist anytime during the event window (April 30 – May 3) from anywhere in Hudson River Park or from your neighborhood.
This Event Has Passed