Hudson River Park’s Community Compost Program has made our Park more sustainable and helped make a green impact in our local community. In its first year, our Compost Center enabled us to stop trucking plant waste to the landfill, while creating compost that has enhanced the health and heartiness of our Park’s plant-life.
The more our Compost Program grows, the greater the impact we can make in our Park and adjacent neighborhoods, and to make this happen, we need your help! When you volunteer as a Compost Facilitator, you make a real difference in creating a greener future for our west side community.
Reach out to email@example.com with any questions you may have or to sign up!
Compost Facilitators are key to our composting initiatives. With oversight from Park Horticulturalists, they play an instrumental role in the day-to-day processing and surveying of organic waste in our Compost Center.
Compost Facilitator Tasks:
- Load and process materials
- Weigh and record data
- Measure compost temperatures and soil moisture
- Help maintain the compost machine and bins
- Care for the educational garden bed
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must attend an orientation
- Minimum commitment two hours a week for two to six months. Opportunities are available Monday through Friday.