- Planning on attending a Public Program? Please check the Park’s Twitter account to keep informed of any cancellations due to weather.
- No e-bikes, e-scooters or motorized vehicles of any kind are permitted on the Park’s esplanades or piers, or on the bike path adjacent to HRPK.
- Biking and scootering are prohibited on the Park’s esplanades and piers. Walk your bike or scooter, or use the bike path adjacent to the Park.
- To ensure the safety of all patrons of Hudson River Park during the COVID-19 pandemic, we ask that anyone who is not vaccinated please wear a mask or face covering at Hudson River Park events when not able to maintain a six-foot distance from others.
CONSTRUCTION & RESTORATION UPDATES
Construction has begun on Phase 2 of improvements at Chelsea Waterside Park.
Constructing the new and improved amenities will require closures of existing Park areas at times, including the ballfield. The timing and extent of closures are being coordinated to keep as much of the Park open at a time as possible and to minimize the closure durations. The playground and basketball court will generally remain open throughout. For a full project timeline, please visit here.
Please take note of our detour signs when posted and check back here for updates:
- Chelsea Waterside Park’s central area is closed through Winter.
- The Chelsea Waterside athletic field is closed through Winter.
- The Chelsea Waterside playground slide is closed for maintenance.
New Crosswalk and Tennis Court Reconstruction: Construction activities south of Pier 40 will include the building of a new crosswalk and the reconstruction of the tennis courts. Please be aware of your surroundings while passing through this area. Tennis courts will reopen this Winter. Thanks for patience while we make these improvements.
Pier 97 Construction Update: To accommodate construction on the Comfort Station building at Pier 97, which will house public restrooms, a concession, and park maintenance facility, the existing barrier has been moved East. The construction will maintain a 5’-0” wide pedestrian path along the frontage of Pier 97 and leave the bicycle lanes unchanged. This condition will remain until the summer of 2023 when comfort station is scheduled to be complete.
TEMPORARY CLOSURES AND RESTRICTIONS
- Pier 25 and Pier 62 Skateparks are closed due to inclement weather.
- Sports fields at Hudson River Park are open with restrictions:
- All organized group play must be permitted. For recreational permits for athletic fields, please visit here.
- Participants must adhere to any requirements for masks and social distancing established by New York State or New York City.
- Organized groups are strongly encouraged to record attendance in the event contact tracing is needed.
- Pursuant to CDC guidelines, masks are strongly recommended for unvaccinated patrons when participating in activities with close contact to others.
HUDSON RIVER PARK UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19
The health and well-being of our community is of the utmost importance to us, and we continue to closely monitor this evolving health concern under the leadership of New York State and New York City.
If you have specific questions about the virus, please contact the New York coronavirus hotline at 888-364-3065. You can also text COVID to 692-692 to receive regular SMS texts with the latest news and developments from Notify NYC.