HUDSON RIVER PARK UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19
The health and well-being of our community is of the utmost importance to us, and we continue to closely monitor this evolving health concern under the leadership of New York State and New York City.
For public safety, the following locations remain closed until further notice:
- All programming within the park has been suspended. Please enjoy our new digital programs or STEM activities instead!
- Pier 40 Indoor Fields are closed.
- Second-floor restrooms at Pier 40 are closed.
- As always, biking is prohibited on the esplanades. Use the bikeway or walk your bike.
Now that New York City has reached Phase 4, we are pleased to announce that some facilities have recently re-opened, but with restrictions:
- Outdoor fields at Pier 40 and Chelsea Waterside are open with restrictions:
- Max 50 people per field.
- Practice, training and competitive play are allowed.
- All organized group play must be permitted.
- Wear a mask and please keep 6 feet apart.
- For recreational permits for athletic field visit here.
- Basketballs courts at Canal St and Harrison St in Tribeca and in Chelsea Waterside are open for shooting practice only. No games or physical contact. Remember to wear a mask.
- Tribeca and Pier 62 Skateparks are open. Please wash hands before entry and after exit, wear masks and keep 6 feet apart.
- Mini-golf is open at Pier 25.
- The trapeze school is open at Pier 40.
- The Pier 25 Play Area, Chelsea Waterside Play Area and Pier 51 Play Area are open. Please wash hands before entry and after exit, wear masks and keep 6 feet apart.
- The following restaurants and food concessions are open for take-out and outdoor dining: City Vineyard, Drift In, Grand Banks, Hook’d and Pier 66 Maritime Bar & Grill.
- Dog Parks are open to the public. All visitors are required to wear masks or face coverings and remain 6 feet apart while inside of the dog run.
- Tennis Courts are open. Playtime is limited to one hour. No reservations are accepted. Use the benches outside the courts to await your turn. Unless players are from the same household, please sit 6 feet apart when using park benches. Masks must be worn while waiting.
- Water fountains and Bottle Fillers are on. Use gloves, a tissue or cloth to activate the water. Do not touch the tap with your hand, mouth or bottle. Bathing and washing hands is prohibited.
- HRPK Community Compost food scrap drop-off sites have reopened. Click here for locations.
Note from Madelyn Wils, President and CEO of the Trust:
We are grateful to be able to provide New Yorkers with fresh air, river views and space for solitary recreation. Given the large number of visitors, we ask that Park users coming here to exercise help protect each other by wearing masks or covering their faces and staying 6 ft. apart. To all runners, please cover your face and be aware and respectful of other people as you pass them. We remain committed to making the Park an enjoyable place that may offer solace as New Yorkers weather this crisis. Thank you, everyone, for your support and cooperation. Be safe.
If you have specific questions about the virus, please contact the New York coronavirus hotline at 888-364-3065. You can also text COVID to 692-692 to receive regular SMS texts with the latest news and developments from Notify NYC.