Throughout the month of May, communities from coast to coast celebrate the many benefits of bicycling and encourage more people to give biking a try.
Here are some tips for cycling safely in Hudson River Park:
- Travel only on the bike path adjacent to the Park
- Cycling is not permitted on pedestrian paths
- Cycling is not permitted on landscapes and lawns
- When entering the Park, dismount and walk your bike
- Lock your bike at designated areas
- Pedestrians have the right of way at all times
- At crosswalks, slow down, yield to pedestrians waiting to cross and then proceed cautiously
Calling New Riders!
Bike Skills 101 is returning to Pier 76 this summer. This free, two-hour group class is designed for kids ages five and up who are ready to learn how to balance, pedal, start, stop and steer a bicycle.
Bike Skills 101 is presented in partnership with Bike New York, an organization that empowers New Yorkers to transform their lives and their communities through bicycling.
This season’s Bike Skills 101 class dates will be posted on our event calendar, and registration will open 7–10 days in advance of each class on the Bike New York website.