Throughout the month of May, communities from coast to coast celebrate the many benefits of bicycling and encourage more people to give biking a try.
Here are some tips for cycling safely in Hudson River Park:
- Travel only on the bike path adjacent to the Park
- Cycling is not permitted on pedestrian paths
- Cycling is not permitted on landscapes and lawns
- When entering the Park, dismount and walk your bike
- Lock your bike at designated areas
- Pedestrians have the right of way at all times
- At crosswalks, slow down, yield to pedestrians waiting to cross and then proceed cautiously
Calling New Riders!
Bike Skills 101 is returning to Pier 76 this summer. This free, two-hour group class is designed for kids ages five and up who are ready to learn how to balance, pedal, start, stop and steer a bicycle.
Bike Skills 101 is presented in partnership with Bike New York, an organization that empowers New Yorkers to transform their lives and their communities through bicycling.