Saturday, September 28, 2019 11:00 AM-4:00 PM
*Rain Date: Sunday, September 29, 2019 11:00 AM-4:00 PM
SUBMERGE Marine Science Festival is a daylong science extravaganza hosted on Hudson River Park’s Pier 84 each year with something for everyone, from hands-on science research to catch & release fishing and kayaking.
Interested seeing highlights from the 2018 festival? Check out our 2018 SUBMERGE Festival Guide!
Bring your family to experience this inspirational and fun-filled day of marine science and STEM in Hudson River Park! Some 2018 highlights include:
- The SUBMERGE Science Stage – a place to explore native NYC wildlife and experience larger than life experiments
- Watch an inspiring production of “The City That Drinks the Mountain Sky: Part 2” from the Arm of the Sea Theater Company, which explores new challenges facing NYC’s water supply, including the unfolding effects of a changing climate
- Meet local Hudson River creatures such as striped bass and blue crabs at the Roving River – Hudson River Park’s aquarium tricycle that showcases wildlife on wheels!
- Research partners from all over the country will be joining us to share engaging marine science, including PVC ROV – experts in underwater marine robotics that will allow children the amazing opportunity to operate a submersible remotely operated vehicle (ROV)
- More to come! See the pages below for additional festival information