Saturday, September 22
Join us Saturday September 22nd for the fifth annual SUBMERGE NYC Marine Science Festival on Hudson River Park’s Pier 84 from 11am to 4pm. There’s something for everyone at this year’s SUBMERGE festival, from hands-on science research to catch & release fishing and kayaking, at this daylong science extravaganza.
Bring your family to experience this inspirational and fun-filled day of marine science and STEM in Hudson River Park! Some highlights include:
- The SUBMERGE Science Stage – a place to explore native NYC wildlife and experience larger than life experiments
- Watch an inspiring production of “The City That Drinks the Mountain Sky: Part 2” from the Arm of the Sea Theater Company, which explores new challenges facing NYC’s water supply, including the unfolding effects of a changing climate
- Meet local Hudson River creatures such as striped bass and blue crabs at the Roving River – Hudson River Park’s aquarium tricycle that showcases wildlife on wheels!
- Research partners from all over the country will be joining us to share engaging marine science, including PVC ROV – experts in underwater marine robotics that will allow children the amazing opportunity to operate a submersible remotely operated vehicle (ROV)
- More to come! See the pages below for additional festival information