Join us at SUBMERGE today, featuring virtual panels, wildlife tours and a science performance by Al Leszczynski! You can also meet us in the Park for a special Wetlab Look-in led by our River Project team.
This year’s festival will showcase dynamic marine environments, estuary wildlife and current science in New York City’s local waters. Featuring both in-person activities and virtual panels, there is something for everyone to enjoy — wherever you are!
October 19 – Local Wildlife
Partner showcase at 10:00 AM:
- Sample fish populations with the Center for the Urban River at Beczak
- Learn fishing basics with the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation Region 2 Fisheries Division
- Check out turtle hatchlings with the Turtle Conservancy
- Meet local sharks with the New York Aquarium
Live panel at 11:00 AM focused on dynamic creatures in our local waterways:
- Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy
- NYS Department of Conservation’s Hudson River Estuary Program
- NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation
Catch Al Leszczynski’s fantastic demonstration at 12:00 PM:
- Live science performance!
- Laugh and learn with Al as they share interactive experiments about our water system.
- Check back soon to download the experiments and follow along from home!
Join us at our Wetlab Look-in at 5:00 PM:
- In-Park activity
- Find us in the Wetlab along the south walk of HRPK’s Pier 40.
- Registration is available here.
|October 20 – Harbor Habitat||October 21 – River Health|
This multi-day celebration of science invites the public to connect with marine science and STEM with awesome experiments, science entertainment, live animals and more!
For more information on HRPK’s River Project and our festival partners, click here!
Hudson River Park’s River Project is committed to advancing public awareness and understanding of our local waterways. The SUBMERGE festival — now offering three days of learning and fun — aims to inspire audiences of all ages and make marine science and STEM accessible and engaging for everyone.
Registration is required for all in-Park activities; please check individual programs’ registration pages for more information about COVID safety requirements.