Chelsea Waterside Dog Run is closed for construction. Check back for additional information on when this frolic-friendly run will reopen in late summer.
The dog run is expanding by nearly 3,000 square feet, from 3,500 square feet to 7,400 square feet. It will have separate areas for large dogs and small dogs and features innovative canine-friendly water spray jets as well as mounds and boulders. New tiered seating and benches will increase the seating capacity for dog owners fivefold — providing more shade and greater comfort. The new dog park will be the first new amenity at Chelsea Waterside to open in early Summer 2022 while construction on other areas continues into Winter 2022.
Hudson River Park offers four dog runs, with a variety of features for both small and large four-legged friends. Take advantage of beautiful scenery while your pooch exercises and socializes in a safe environment along the beautiful Hudson River.
Click on images to enlarge:
Chelsea Waterside Park, where the dog run is located, is being renewed and construction is currently underway. The new design includes a permanent picnic area, a new public restroom facility, an expanded and refreshed synthetic turf field, a small concession stand and this expanded dog run. You can learn more about the overall project here.
NEW DOG RUN FEATURES:
- Separate areas for large and small dogs.
- Color seal coating over pavement for a more comfortable walking and running surface for dogs.
- Low concrete mounds with boulders.
- Multiple double — gated safety vestibules and fenced all around.
- Shallow water feature with spray jets.
- Fresh running water is generally available for pets inside the dog parks from mid–April through early November.
- Tiered seating with shade for dog owners/handlers.
- Freestanding benches, drinking fountains, hose reels and trash cans are provided for dog owners/handlers.
- Cleaning schedules are posted; cleaning occurs twice per day.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Entry and use of the dog park is at your own risk.
- Dogs must be licensed and have all shots and tags.
- Dogs may not be left unattended.
- No more than three dogs per person.
- The dog park is NOT a playground. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult and should be closely supervised.
- Skateboards, bicycles, scooters and strollers must be left outside the dog run.
- Clean up after your dog; animal waste must be promptly removed and properly disposed of.
- Spike or pinch collars
- Aggressive dogs
- Female dogs in heat
- Food and glass bottles