August has just begun, and we’re nowhere near rolling the credits on Summer of Fun. You still have six more opportunities to catch iconic films in HRPK this summer! Laughter, suspense, inspiration—this month’s Hudson RiverFlicks lineup has it all.
Plus, every Wednesday night, we’ve got beverages for sale from Sixpoint and City Winery and there will be a DJ spinning from 7:00 PM until the movie starts at dusk. So be sure to catch iconic NYC films on Wednesdays at Pier 63 through August 21 and family favorites on Fridays at Pier 46, through August 23!
To celebrate our last six flicks, we’ve got a challenge for HRPK movie buffs. Can you match our six remaining films to these iconic quotes? Be sure to check your answers below AND mark your calendars for your favorites!
- A. Tootsie – Wednesday, August 7 at Pier 63
- B. The Incredibles 2 – Friday, August 9 at Pier 46
- C. The Last Dragon – Can I Kick It? Presented with a live soundtrack DJ’d by Shaolin Jazz – Wednesday, August 14 at Pier 63
- D. How to Train Your Dragon 3: The Hidden World – Friday, August 16 at Pier 46
- E. Big – Wednesday, August 21 at Pier 63
- F. Trolls – Friday, August 23 at Pier 46
- 1. “Happiness isn’t something you put inside you. It’s already there! Sometimes you just need someone to help you find it.”
- 2. “It’s not a sport if you let a machine do all the work.”
- 3. “YOU WERE A TOMATO. A tomato doesn’t have logic. A tomato can’t move.”
- 4. “I know it’s crazy, right? To help my family, I got to leave it, to fix the law, I got to break it.”
- 5. “One day you’re going to pick a fight you cannot win.”
- 6. “Sometimes it is hard to live the way of the wise.”
Highlight for the answers:
1.F., 2.E., 3.A., 4.B., 5.D, 6.C