Obtain a film or photo permit

Anyone wishing to film or photograph commercially in Hudson River Park must obtain a written permit from the Hudson River Park Trust. Permits are also required for non-commercial purposes when the film or photography would disrupt park users or otherwise restrict use of a public area.

Applications must be submitted at least ten (10) business days in advance of shoot date. Submitting an application does not guarantee you will be granted a permit.

All applications require a non-refundable $25 fee. Additional permit fees will be assessed based on the nature, location and length of the shoot.




Student Film/Photo Shoots Guidelines

Time and personnel restrictions are determined at HRPT's discretion and may change during peak park usage times.  

A copy of a valid and current student identification card is required as well as a valid certificate of insurance, furnished by the school (see insurance requirements on application).

The permit does not grant the Permittee exclusive use to any area within the park. The designated shoot location must remain open to the public.

The Permittee may not affect pedestrian traffic or restrict access to any area of the park.