Join in to explore fascinating local science topics in our Wetlab. Each event we’ll be welcoming different guest experts for humorous science talks followed by a live Q&A. Learn more about our local waterways during this special evening of fun at the Wetlab!
Tuesday, July 26
Secret Science Club flows into Hudson River Park’s Wetlab on beautiful Pier 40 to explore mysterious minds. What amazing animals live in NYC’s wildest & wettest ecosystem? And what are they thinking?
Biologists Diana Li and Kelsey Hom dive into the brains & bodies of NYC’s aquatic creatures (squid! toadfish!) at this special Ask a Scientist event.
Before & After the Talks:
- Get up close and personal with wildlife from NYC’s liquid wilderness. Check out the exhibits & aquariums in the Wetlab, filled with creatures that live right under our noses alongside Wall Street, Tribeca, the West Village and Chelsea.
- Groove to sea-salty tunes in our “Ebb Tide Lounge”
- Imbibe thirst-quenching drinks
- Watch a live dissection
- Ask a scientist (or two!) about your favorite Hudson River species
- August 16 with Nerd Nite
- September 20 with Secret Science Club