Do you know your boat’s “rules of the road?”
All vessels operating on America’s navigable waterways are governed by traffic rules, just like cars. The Navigation Rules are an internationally-adopted set of rules & regulations to aid mariners in safe navigation, just as driving laws aid vehicles in safe driving.
This free seminar at Pier 84, led by the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, is designed to teach recreational boaters some of the most important parts of the navigation rules. Advance registration is required; to attend, contact Andrew Lom at the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary.
During this 60-minute seminar, you will learn:
- The purpose of the Nav Rules and COLREGs
- Required sounds and lights for your vessel
- The meaning of crossing, head-on, and overtaking situations
- Hierarchy of maneuverability
- Stand-on and give-way vessels
- Where to immediately access all the rules
This Event Has Passed
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM