Please be advised that Tennis Courts 1 & 2 will be temporarily closed on Tuesday, October 27.
Get your racket out and prepare to face off on one of New York City’s most picturesque courts. You won’t see these views at any other Manhattan tennis court.
Hudson River Park’s three hardcourt tennis courts are FREE and open to the public from 6:00 AM – Midnight. The tennis courts operate on a first come, first served basis, and permits are not required for regular play. Regular play time is limited to one hour when others are waiting, to accommodate as many players as possible. From time to time, schools may be playing on the courts.
6:00 AM – Midnight
- Tennis Courts operate on a user honor system.
- Play is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Playing time is limited to ONE HOUR of court time when others are waiting.
- When all courts are in use, a line will form at the benches facing the courts at the sign that says “Line Forms Here”
- Those waiting for court time should not leave the line area. You will lose your place in line if you are not present when a court becomes free.
- Court time play shall not exceed a period of ONE HOUR, except when there is no one waiting in line at the end of your one hour of play.
- No reservations are accepted.
- When school is in session, courts shall be reserved for permit-holding schools on weekdays from 3:30–5:30 PM. The courts must be vacated immediately when a permit-holding school arrives. If no school is permitted, normal court rules will apply.
- A maximum of six (6) balls may be used on each court.
- No professional lessons or hoppers are permitted.
Failure to comply with these rules will result in the user(s) being asked to leave and may result in issuance of a summons.
If you have any concerns, you may call the Park’s 24/7 Operations Desk: 212-242-6427