Staying in town this Labor Day Weekend? Want to get the most out of the remaining weeks of summer? Make HRPK your destination! Our green, breezy piers and riverfront are a summertime NYC paradise – and with the long weekend ahead plus three more weeks of NYC summer still to come, we encourage you to join us as we soak up every second.
And we’ve got a little end-of-summer inspiration for you. Here are eight of our favorite ways to make summer last longer in HRPK:
1) Get on the water! With opportunities to kayak, sail, row and outrigger canoe in Tribeca, Greenwich Village, Chelsea, Hell’s Kitchen and Clinton, your Park’s a total gateway to riverbound adventure.
2) Dine on (or alongside!) the Hudson River. Whether you’re in the mood for cocktails and oysters or beer and fries, hanging out on one of HRPK’s boat restaurants (or a dreamy waterfront rooftop) is a fantastic way to kick back and catch those sweet river breezes.
3) Splash around. Our four playgrounds and four dog parks all boast awesome water activities for kids and canines! Plus, the misting feature at Pier 45 and the interactive fountain at Pier 84 keep Park-goers of all ages cool.
4) Learn something new about your west side backyard. From Nature Walks to Big City Fishing to Open Field Lab to Shell-ebrate Oysters, your favorite Estuary Lab programs continue through September. And don’t miss the main event — our SUBMERGE NYC Marine Science Festival — September 28!
5) Hit Manhattan’s green beaches. With bright lawns, waterfront breezes and blue skies unimpeded by skyscrapers, HRPK piers are a sunbather’s dream (just look at Pier 45 on any summer weekend)! Pack a picnic and some SPF and bring your friends. Whether you’re midtown or downtown, your green pier awaits.
6) Work up a sweat. Jog, bike, power-walk, play your favorite sport — your Park’s four miles are the best outdoor gym. And with Healthy on the Hudson classes continuing into the fall, the end of August is definitely not the end of free riverfront fitness!
7) Savor the music… Our busiest Summer of Fun season may be winding down, but you’ll still find live music along our riverfront into September! Hudson RiverKids performances will entertain families through September 19, and Bard in the Park brings Shakespeare to HRPK one more time on September 13! Plus, our beloved Jazz at Pier 84 series hosts one last performance September 12.
8) Make a day of it! Pair a kayak adventure with waterfront happy hour. Find all 11 pieces of public art in Hudson River Park, then reward yourself with ice cream. Mini golf in the morning, sunbathe in the afternoon, catch an HRPK sunset — the possibilities are endless, and there’s no need to leave Manhattan to find your waterfront escape.
Three cheers for making the most of summertime in HRPK — and for the gorgeous #HRPKFall to come!