Staycationing this Labor Day Weekend? Make Hudson River Park your destination! It’s no secret that our green, breezy piers and bustling riverfront are an NYC summertime dream—and with the long weekend ahead plus three more weeks of NYC summer still to come, we’re soaking up every last second.
So, sun-lovers, grab your calendars! We’ve compiled some of our favorite warm-weather activities to add to your 2018 summer bucket list.
- Get on the water! With opportunities to kayak, sail, row and outrigger canoe in Tribeca, Greenwich Village, Chelsea, Hell’s Kitchen and Clinton, your Park’s a total gateway to riverbound adventure.
- Dine on (or alongside!) the Hudson River. Whether you’re in the mood for cocktails and oysters or beer and fries, hanging out on one of HRPK’s boat restaurants (or a dreamy waterfront rooftop) is a fantastic way to kick back and catch those sweet river breezes.
- Splash around. Our four playgrounds and four dog parks all boast awesome water activities for kids and canines! Plus, the misting feature at Pier 45 and the interactive fountain at Pier 84 keep Park-goers of all ages cool.
- Learn something new about your west side backyard. From Nature Walks to Big City Fishing to Shell-ebrate Oysters, your favorite River Project programs continue through September, as do special opportunities like our Hudson History Walk on September 8 and our last Community Ecopaddle of the season on September 12. And don’t miss the main event—our SUBMERGE NYC Marine Science Festival—on September 22!
- Hit Manhattan’s green beaches. With bright lawns, waterfront breezes and blue skies unimpeded by skyscrapers, HRPK piers are a sunbather’s dream (just look at Pier 45 on any summer weekend)! Pack a picnic and some SPF and bring your friends. Whether you’re midtown or downtown, your green pier awaits.
- Work up a sweat. Jog, bike, power-walk, play your favorite sport—your Park’s four miles are the best outdoor gym. And with Healthy on the Hudson classes continuing into the fall, the end of August is definitely not the end of free riverfront fitness!
- Make a day of it! Pair a kayak adventure with waterfront happy hour. Find all 10 pieces of public art in Hudson River Park, then reward yourself with ice cream. Mini golf in the morning, sunbathe in the afternoon—the possibilities are endless, and there’s no need to leave Manhattan to find your waterfront escape.
Three cheers for making the most of summertime in HRPK—and for the gorgeous #HRPKFall to come!