We hope our Park Over Plastic Toolkit and associated digital resources offer helpful methods and lessons learned to jump start plastic reduction in your community. Join Hudson River Park in taking action against plastic pollution today. Learn more about Park Over Plastic here.
Plastic reduction messaging that is both encouraging and educational helps to prompt specific actions for people to minimize plastic use and why it matters.
Establishing partners who are committed to the cause is key in creating a collective impact.
Green Resource Guide
List of recommended products and vendors for plastic alternatives that are aligned with POP commitments.
Educational programs and resources for local communities can help build knowledge and skills that support sustainability.
- Youth Education Programs
- Public Education Programs
- Virtual Learning Activities
- Community Involvement
Evaluation & Metrics
Tracking and auditing progress informs the development of robust metrics, meaningful results and relevant resources.
- Knology POP White Paper
- Park Over Plastic Year One Highlights
- Community Survey
- Waste Audit Methods & Datasheet
- Waste Removal Tracking Sheet
Studying plastic pollution in the community can help motivate your organization and local stakeholders to make a change.
- Marine Debris Research Methods & Datasheet (Shoreline Cleanup)
- Marine Debris Research Reports & Data
- Volunteer Shoreline Cleanup Description
- Microplastic Research Lab Data Sheet
- Microplastic Research Methodology
- Microplastics ID Guide
- Microplastics Research Reports & Data
- Marine Pollution Bulletin Research Note