A Greenwich Village favorite, the Leroy Street Dog Park was rebuilt several years ago to include new amenities for dogs of all sizes. Especially popular during warm weather are the dog pool and dog-friendly fountain. There is also ample seating for dogs’ human companions. This dog run is a short walk from other destinations in the Park including Pier 45 and Pier 46.
DOG RUN FEATURES:
- Double–gated safety vestibule, and fenced all around.
- Fresh running water is generally available for pets inside the dog parks from mid–April through early November.
- Benches and trash cans are provided for dog owners/handlers.
- Cleaning schedules are posted; cleaning occurs twice per day.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Entry and use of the dog park is at your own risk.
- Dogs must be licensed and have all shots and tags.
- Dogs may not be left unattended.
- No more than three dogs per person.
- The dog park is NOT a playground. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult and should be closely supervised.
- Skateboards, bicycles, scooters and strollers must be left outside the dog run.
- Clean up after your dog; animal waste must be promptly removed and properly disposed of.
- Spike or pinch collars
- Aggressive dogs
- Female dogs in heat
- Food and glass bottles